Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hair Debate Rages On...

Not that I want to down play the fact that things are changing - don't get me wrong. But Nanc and I seem to completely disagree on exactly how much hair has come back so far. One thing we can certainly agree on however, is the fact that the going is definitely slow. Today is day 19 since her last treatment and the longest she has gone since June without an infusion. So, one would expect things to change, even if just a little.

However, I am just not sensing the same hair growth that Nanc is saying that she feels. Now I am just as much an idealist as the next person and I have admitted that it is softer than it has been since she shaved it. But, (and I know she would tell you differently, but once again I have the keyboard,) it's awfully hard to see...

Hair debate aside, the neuropathy lingers with some small changes. Last night she mentioned that her hands felt better but the feet still hurt quite a bit. That makes her unsteady on her feet and leaves her legs weak. She got down on a knee in the pharmacy the other day and collapsed to both knees and had a hard time getting up. Sure makes shopping a real adventure...

She's been complaining of some pain in her abdomen which from her description is the peritoneal area where they dumped all that chemo - 12 treatments but who's counting? We will watch that closely over the next couple of days and see if it continues. Ipubrofen seems to help - Aleve doesn't touch it.

Anyone want a nearly full bottle of Aleve, cheap??

xoxo

No comments: