Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Is that hair I see?

Or more to the point, that Nancy feels. "Here, come feel my peach fuzz..." It's a big deal really! Hair growing on her head for the first time since June...

Today was about the best day emotionally in a while. It has been hard, even harder than we thought it was going to be. It's hard to remember that there is a certain period of detoxification that has to take place and that alone can make a person feel very out of sorts - not to mention make you want to climb out of your skin! Felicia from the pain team told her to go easier on herself and to give it time. Try to remember what you've just been through and don't expect quick improvement. Chemo therapy just isn't that way....

There was some joking around tonight which felt really good. Even if I was the target tonight - who cares. To hear her laugh was a relief given what the past couple of weeks have been like emotionally. So I'll take it any way I can get it.

I am happy to report that the Springsteen concert last night at the LA Sports Arena was, well, electrifying as always. Old school audience pushing for the old stuff but he did a lot of the new stuff and I prefer it live to be honest. The song list really highlighted things like truth and honesty, integrity, broken dreams and love - always love. Next time around, I'm doing both nights - or better yet - do the opening night in Asbury Park!

Today would have been day one of round 7. If I was a betting man, I would give you even odds that by this time in a couple of weeks, we will begin to see marked improvement in the neuropathy. But heck, I'm just a cook...

xoxo

No comments: