Friday, July 20, 2007

"I thought I knew what fatigue was..."

"...until I started working here." - Nurse Cyndy.

As quoted to me today when we were discussing how Nanc feels today. As it turns out, her potassium levels are way down to 2.9 again. Of course you remember from last week's lesson that potassium levels should be between 3.5 and 4.5.

So, we came in for a planned infusion at 10 this morning and were expecting to leave at around 12:30. But we'll be here until at least 5 as the potassium infusion has to be done slowly, at the rate of 40 meq. over 4 hours. (I didn't know what meq was either. Click on it and find out...) She also needs to go back on the oral potassium once a day throughout her treatments to keep it form dropping again.

That's all the news tha's fit to print right now - however, the day is still young...

xoxo

1 comment:

cathy said...

I don't think there is a session of reading the BLOB that I don't have tears... I relate to your story about Kristal and know how emotional that remains. You all continue to amaze all of us in the periphery, nothing about this process is easy for sure. Thanks again for keeping us in the loop, and I surely hope you all feel the love and support coming your way.
XXOO cath