Sunday, July 8, 2007

It's the little things...

Saturday, July 7 - 4:30 and finished on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00

Nanc has about 20 minutes left on her second hydration and I was just sitting here thinking about how much life has changed in such a short period of time. I am finding that it's not the big things that are so disrupting to one's sense of wholeness when faced with a traumatic event like having cancer in the family.

I have been set off the deep end just by having too many dirty dishes to clean after being in the hospital for 3 days or piles of dirty clothes at the end of a very long day. I seem to be able to handle the emergencies but find I really need some organization in the little areas. But enough about me...

Sunday was truly a day of rest. One of Nanc's clients bought massages for us and we enjoyed them so much, we got one for Danika (part of her graduation present.) It really helped her pain this morning and he gave us some techniques we will be able to use daily as part of the whole pain management program.

She was scheduled for a third potassium infusion but that got nixed as her count has come up to 4.5 - the top of the good range. A day off!!!!!

The fatigue is playing a major role these days it seems. There is still a bit of pain in the lower back and the abdomen. We are making sure she gets lots of rest but even just taking a shower is a major ordeal. We tried a trip out to the hardware store and that about did her in. So it's rest, rest, rest this week. We see Leuchter on Thursday and we'll schedule the next round which is supposed to start on the 17th.

That's about it for this week. Man what a long 12 days it's been...

Oh yeah - I was told you all need to see this picture of Atley. Nanc loves the smile...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. I find a lot of comfort in seeing how much you support each other. Please don't hesitate to call me. It makes me feel good to be there for you. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers every day.