Monday, August 6, 2007

Nearly half-way there!

I know - it's been a couple of days. Remember one thing though - "No news is good news."

That means, in Nancy's own words, "I almost feel normal!" She said that Friday afternoon, or was it in the morning, I can't remember. The important thing is that she has felt half-way human the past 4 days or so. I can tell she's feeling better as the amount of specific direction increases in direct proportion to her level of comfort. I seem to do OK when she's really down from the chemo but seem to slack off somewhat in my duties when she's feeling better. How exactly does that work I wonder...

So tomorrow starts round 3. In about a week, she will be half-way done! We are more ready for this round than the previous 2 given what's been learned, even down to making sure that certain medications are pre-ordered so she won't have to wait in case she really needs them.

She is starting acupuncture with someone different this afternoon, she is eating well right now, getting some exercise walking and even putting in a few hours of work. The first appointment is at 4 tomorrow and she'll be in overnight for the IV treatment. Then they'll start the pre-meds for the IP treatment at 8 Wednesday morning. Barring any complications, we should be home by 4 Wednesday. I'll keep you posted....

xoxo

No comments: