Monday, September 10, 2007

Not too bad actually...

Really, considering how last weekend was, this past weekend was a breeze - that chemo relativity theory again. I say a breeze but as usual, Nanc has a slightly different slant on things - duh.

We actually went out and did a bunch of errands yesterday. Of course she was totally wiped out by the time we got back but she did it. Her biggest concerns these days are the neuropathy (will it be permanent, how much, when will it go away, will it go away, etc.) and the fatigue. She describes the feeling in her fingers and feet like a tingling but painful and the fatigue like you are so tired you can't breathe.

I love it though when she asks, "Why do I feel this way?"

Well let me think honey. You have cancer, you've had four rounds of a very tough protocol of chemical therapy that would debilitate most people. So - gee - I don't know. What do you think it could be?

I will admit that the neuropathy can be pretty consuming and painful. She's been taking neurontin for about a week but it takes up to 2 weeks to have any real effect. So in the meantime, you just have to grin and bear it. We did find out though that if you extend the IV taxol, it lessens that side effect. We will be discussing stretching out that treatment to 12 hours or so instead of 2 for the last 2 rounds. I know. I just said "the last 2 rounds...."

So, all in all, not too bad the past couple of days. Today is day 6 since her last treatment and we could be looking at a fairly decent week maybe. I will keep you posted.

xoxo

1 comment:

Elle said...

Hi Ed and Nancy,

Just wanted to drop a hello and let you know that i received this link today from Norrell so that I can get a chance to write you and keep in touch with the latest happenings. I can also do alot of visualzation and praying as i see your pictures and receive information about what i can specifically pray for...

I would like to know if you both would mind if we came up to see you on the 22nd Saturday. Would love to come up and spend the day with you make meals, freeze them, make you laugh, give support..whatever is needed...Let me know what your schedule is like, treatments etc...what time would be good to come over??
Just want you all to know that we love you and would do anything for you.
Love,
Elle